During the pandemic when we could not meet in person, a group of people reflected on how to stay at least in virtual contact by sending one another lasting greetings by individual paintings. That was the beginning of our little gallery, for the time being from Lörrach to Chester and vice versa.
However, everybody from our twin towns Sens and Senigallia is more than welcome to send us their paintings as well, which we would also like to publish in this picture gallery.
Everybody is welcome.
Pictures from Louise Diggle (Chester)
- During the first lockdown in summer 2020, the weather was good and I spent hours walking in the countryside near my home, at the end of a valley on the border between England and Wales. I discovered and rediscovered hidden paths and drank in the wonderful views, and when I wasn’t walking, I was painting my impressions of the countryside. The paintings here reflect that strange period.
Picture called: Hillside (2020)
- Picture called: Trees (2020)
- Picture called: Ancient Ways (2020)
Pictures from Silvia Cipra-Krey (Lörrach)
- First of all I connect with my homeland love, freedom, acceptability, development as well as the feeling of approval. Home country for me is the place where I come from and where I like to live. Especially in times of corona I learn to appreciate my family and my friends.
- Picture called Black Forest Girl (2021):
- Picture called Black Forest Hat (2021):
- Picture called Black Forest Lady (2021):
Pictures from Ellen Balint (Lörrach)
- Because of the pandemic I couldn’t spend my holidays at the North Sea as usual.
So, there was nothing left but dreaming and painting. I discovered more and more the beauty of our region, the Black Forest and my garden as well, with its various flowers during spring and summer.
- Picture called: Atmosphere at the Sea Side (2020):
- Picture called In the Black Forest:
- Picture called Peony:
Pictures from Waltraud Ludin (Lörrach)
- For me the forest has always been the place where to recover, a place of calmness and fascination. According to the light and the season it is enchanting, mystical and simply wonderful, even more in times of corona. I’m so fond of taking my rest there. Forest Bathing it is called nowadays.
- Picture called Mystic Forest (2017):
- Picture called Forest:
- Picture called Forest near my Home (2021):
Pictures from Karlfrieder Mörgelin (Lörrach)
- You often hear, that during the pandemic many people (re-)discovered the benefits of activity in nature. I would say: How wonderful! For myself it was always important being outside and seeing the change of the seasons. Maybe it's because I am working as a landscaper that green themes and nature (water, plants, sky...) play a major role in my paintings.
- Picture called Children at the Beach (2021):
- Picture called Under Water (2021):
- Picture called Hope:
Pictures from Freia Schuckart (Lörrach)
- During the lockdown I often took my dog by his lead and walked him through the forest to our castle which is guarding Lörrach by day and by night.
- Picture called My Dog (2020):
- Picture called Castle by Day (2014):
- Picture called Castle by Night (2013):